Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Registration and Voting Deadlines
Go to LWV of Michigan to view information about elections.
Voter Identification Requirement
- be a U.S. Citizen
- be 18 years old by the day of the election
- be a resident of Michigan for 30 days
- have picture ID (see Voter Identification Requirements below)
Every Michigan voter who desires to vote in the polls must comply with the requirement by showing picture identification or signing an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.
Voters can satisfy the ID requirement by showing a Michigan driver's license or a Michigan personal identification card.
Voters who do not possess either document may show any of the following forms of picture ID as long as it is current:
- Driver's license or personal ID card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo ID
- US passport
- Military idenitification card with photo
- Student identification card with photo
- Tribal identification card with photo
Voters who do not have acceptable picture ID can vote like any other voter by signing an affidavit.
For more election related information, visit www.mighigan.gov/vote.
Register to Vote
Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your party, your address, your name?
Contact your City or Township Clerk for voter registration information. Isabella County Clerk
MI Secretary of State Voter Information Center
Go to Elections in MI for register to vote form, absentee ballot request form and a complete list of candidates and ballot issues.
Obtaining an Absentee Ballot
You may apply for an absentee ballot from your city or township clerk if you:
- are 60 years of age or older
- will be out of town on election day
- are ill or physically disabled
- are exercising a religious belief
- are confined in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.
Find the facts about voting in Michigan at Voter Information